1. Hancock EC, Cross JH. Treatment of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013; 2: CD003277.
2. NICE=National Institute for Clinical Excellence (England and Wales): Clinical guideline 137:The epilepsies: the diagnosis and management of the epilepsies in adults and children in primary and secondary care. Revised 2012 (www.nice.org.uk/cg 137)
3. SIGN=Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. A national clinical guideline 81, 2005: (www.sign.ac.uk/)
4. Glauser T, Ben-Menachem E, Bourgeois B et al. Updated ILAE evidence review of antiepileptic drug efficacy and effectiveness as initial monotherapy for epileptic seizures and syndromes. Epilepsia 2013; 54: 551-63.
5. French JA, Kanner AM, Bautista J et al. Efficacy and tolerability of the new antiepileptic drugs, I: Treatment of new-onset epilepsy: report of the TTA and QSS Subcommittees of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Epilepsy Society. Epilepsia 2004; 45: 401-9.
6. French JA, Kanner AM, Bautista J et al. Efficacy and tolerability of the new antiepileptic drugs, II: Treatment of refractory epilepsy: report of the TTA and QSS Subcommittees of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Epilepsy Society. Epilepsia 2004; 45: 410-23.
7. Wheless JW, Clarke DF, Arzimanoglou A et al. Treatment of pediatric epilepsy: European expert opinion, 2007. Epileptic Disord 2007; 9: 353-412.
8. Ng YT, Conry JA, Drummond R et al. Randomized, phase III study results of clobazam in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Neurology 2011; 77: 1473-81.
9. Glauser T, Kluger G, Sachdeo R et al. Rufinamide for generalized seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Neurology 2008; 70: 1950-8.
10. Kluger G, Glauser T, Krauss G et al. Adjunctive rufinamide in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: a long-term, open-label extension study. Acta Neurol Scand 2010; 122: 202-8.
11. Resnick T, Arzimanoglou A, Brown LW et al. Rufinamide from clinical trials to clinical practice in the United States and Europe. Epileptic Dis 2011; 13 (Suppl 1): S27-43.
12. Coppola G, Grosso S, Franzoni E et al. Rufinamide in children and adults with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: first Italian multicenter experience. Seizure 2010; 19: 587-91.
13. Montouris GD. Rational approach to treatment options for Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Epilepsia 2011; 52 (Suppl 5): 10-20.
14. Van Straten AF, Ng YT. Update on the management of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome. Ped Neurol 2012; 47: 153-61.
15. Efficacy of felbamate in childhood epileptic encephalopathy (Lennox-Gastaut syndrome). The Felbamate Study Group in Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome. N Engl J Med 1993; 328: 29-33.
16. Wheless JW. Managing severe epilepsy syndromes of early childhood. J Child Neurol 2009; 24 (Suppl. 8): S24-32.
17. Arzimanoglou A, French J, Blume WT et al. Lennox-Gastaut syndrome: a consensus approach on diagnosis, assessment, management, and trial methodology. Lancet Neurol 2009; 8: 82-93.